Sunday, November 21, 2010

15 weeks

So a long time has past and remarkably not many exciting things have happened in the time passed.

I was supposed to have a CVS (chorionic villus sampling - kind of like an amnio but instead of removing amniotic fluid they take chorionic villi from the placenta). I needed to have this test done for legal purposes, to determine that the baby is not Mike and I's baby. Goodness gracious.

Well after about 2 hours worth of paperwork, explanations and ultrasounds, the doctor decided that it was too dangerous for the baby to have this procedure. Since I had a subchorionic bleed that was pretty large and not bled out yet. It was just adding another danger to the baby, and it was unnecessary at that time. So. . . . . . I wait.

Ironically two days later I bled out. But I rescheduled to have an amnio on Friday, November 26th. So, I will go then. I think they will also be doing the "big" ultrasound -- I am sure that there is a more medical term than "big", but that will have to do for now. haha It will be the ultrasound where they look at all of the organs individually.

Also, with the amnio they will find out the sex of the baby. I am excited!! I know D wants a girl, I think F will be fine with anything. Well, they both will of course ;) So, we'll see. I think it is a girl. . . . . .about a week and we shall know. Olivia keeps calling the baby a girl. . . maybe it is intuition???

Hopefully shortly after the amnio all legal aspects will FINALLY be worked out as well.

Until then I will continue on growing -- I am huge!! Compared to what I was with Olivia. I was unaware of the difference of the tow pregnancies. My doctor explained to me about how my abdominal muscles after my first pregnancy never "glued"--another technical term ;) -- back together (no woman's do). Since they cann move mych easier now, my intestines are able to move them this time, instead of in the first pregnancy when my muscles didn't spread until about 24 weeks.

Did that make sense?? Sorry, I may not be the best person at explaining things. haha

No comments:

Post a Comment