Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Embryo Transfer

Well, the transfer was on Friday. . . just now getting around to writing about it. OOPS!

The transfer was pretty non-climactic. IS THAT A WORD??? OH WELL. The Valium that I took was the craziest thing ever. I felt like I weighed a ton, I couldn't even walk unassisted.
One of the nurses said "Yea, you feel pretty loopy if you are not used to it." Why in the world would I be used to the feeling of Valium, and if I was used to it I probably shouldn't be carrying another couples child.

Which reminds me, I have never been drug tested. Unless they have done it with out my knowledge (which I feel is illegal, but maybe not?). But I thought that was crazy and probably one of the first things they would do.

Back to the transplant. . . they ended up putting in three embryos instead of the intended two. I guess one embryo was a grade "C". Best being "A", so they decided to throw that one in there too ;)

The pregnancy test is not until next Thursday (2 weeks after the transfer). And agonizing 2 weeks. I bet it is hard on the intended parents as well. My breasts are feeling very tender --so hopefully that is a good sign. Although with all the hormone medication that I am on my body thinks that it is pregnant anyway I think. But we will see next Thursday. Until then I will keep on chugging along with the meds. Third progesterone shot tonight. Mike is already an old pro at administering it!!

What would I do with out him. . . . aaaaaaa. .... .. xoxoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment